For many years, GMG has been the leading name when it comes to proofing and color management. The world’s largest trade fair for the printing industry is an important milestone for the software company. At a 300 square meter booth this year, GMG is showing several pioneering solutions, many specifically tailored to the challenges of the packaging industry.
Tuebingen, Germany (February 7th, 2020) – GMG is taking a broad stance at drupa: In addition to the spacious GMG stand (Hall 5 / D38), the company is also represented at the drupa touchpoint packaging (Hall 3 / B30) and in the dna – drupa next age – area (Hall 7 / D10). Their stand in hall 5 offers plenty of space for exciting discussions with GMG’s color management experts.
GMG shares valuable know-how and demonstrates consistent customer focus with five of its solutions:
• Mastering multicolor production – consistent brand colors for conventional and digital printing. The trend toward digital printing in packaging production is progressing rapidly. The multicolor solution from GMG not only ensures the smooth integration of digital systems in conventional environments but also guarantees consistent results across all systems: whether reproducing custom brand colors or standard spot colors – even when printed on different digital printing machines running ECG ink sets, accurate results are a given.
• Efficient pressroom management thanks to reliable proofing. Packaging printers experience more pressure on deadlines than ever. Highest quality must be delivered in the shortest possible time. This means there is no time for multiple rounds of corrections at proofing stage. Perfect conditions for GMG proofing. With exact predictions of the printing results and reliable handling of spot colors, makeready times and machine downtimes are minimized.
• Color-accurate prototypes for a reliable approval process. It’s much more than just an impression of the final product – with the award-winning solution from GMG, packaging mockups can now be produced with unmatched color accuracy. This color reliability and accuracy simplifies production greatly as there are no more misunderstandings and expectations are clear. An essential part of the solution: The GMG Calibration Creation Wizard. A smart tool that won the Innovation Award at Labelexpo Europe 2019.
• Digital ink drawdowns. This new solution from GMG creates reliable color references from customer spectral data. The visualization of an individually created ink recipe with the help of the digitally produced color card revolutionizes the dialogue between ink lab, printer and client. Time-consuming color approval rounds are drastically reduced. Tolerances can be agreed before print. This improved process reliability not only increases efficiency in the ink lab but also on the printing press.
• Sophisticated image preparation in prepress. Achieving the best possible results in image processing using Adobe Photoshop, often relies entirely on the experience of the operator. Changes affecting individual color channels, for example, are usually demanding, very time-consuming and often require several proof steps. A clever tool can help: with reliable soft-proofing function and profiling from GMG.
This year’s drupa will take place from June 16-26, 2020 in Düsseldorf, Germany. More information can be found on the official drupa website. To arrange an appointment with GMG at drupa, please email us at email@example.com. Find out more about GMG’s solutions at www.gmgcolor.com.
About GMG: GMG is a leading developer and provider of high-quality color management software solutions. The company was founded in 1984 in Tübingen. With more than 35 years of experience in the graphics industry, the GMG brand is a guarantee of high-quality solutions across the field of color. GMG has focused on delivering complete solutions for the standardization and simplification of color management workflows to achieve consistent colors on all media and in every print process. Today more than 12,000 systems are in use worldwide. These customers come from a wide range of branches of industry and areas of application. They include, among others, advertising agencies, pre-press firms, offset, flexo, packaging, digital and large format printing presses, as well as intaglio printing companies. GMG is represented by branch offices and dealers worldwide.
© 2020 GMG GmbH & Co. KG. GMG, the GMG logo and particular product designations are registered trademarks or trademarks of GMG GmbH & Co. KG. All other designations and products are registered trademarks, or the trademarks of the company concerned. Any technical or other modifications of a sort are reserved.