Ghent (Belgium), October 17, 2018 – This year’s FlexoTech Awards again placed the spotlight on the huge volumes of high quality, creative flexographic packaging produced by Esko customers using the company’s prepress, workflow, color management, and flexo platemaking solutions.
Of the 50 jobs nominated for an award, 26 used Esko software and solutions at some point in their production process. Of those, seven received prestigious FlexoTech Awards.
Esko is happy to see flexo excellence celebrated at such events, and especially wants to congratulate customers:
• Flexible packaging (Narrow web up to 800mm): Marie – Risotto aux champignons de Paris using Esko MIS/workflow and submitted by BRJ (Athena Graphics).
• Flexible packaging (Medium web 801-1000mm): Gotovim Vmeste spices using Esko MIS/workflow and submitted by Uniflex CJSC.
• UV flexo, paper and board: The Black Farmer Pork Mince using Esko WebCenter and submitted by Reflex Newcastle.
• Sacks and corrugated pre-print liner: Beck’s German Brewing Heritage 24 Pack using Esko CDI Spark and submitted by Smurfit Kappa CRP Pre-Print.
• Corrugated post-print (C flute and above): Naked Noodle Singapore Curry Noddle Pots 12 x 78g using Esko’s new XPS Crystal for UV Exposure and Esko workflow. It was submitted by Smurfit Kappa Inspirepac.
• Corrugated Post-Print (E and F Flute) Entry title: Kemppi Gamma Welding Helmet and Respirator using Esko CDI Advance and submitted by Stora Enso Packaging Lahti.
• Promotional Print: Plastic Free Pouch using Esko platemaking equipment and submitted by FFP Packaging Solutions.
“These awards celebrate the very best in job creation and execution in today’s flexographic industry,” says James Mason, UK Sales Manager. “We are delighted to congratulate all the winners and, in particular, those using our solutions. Esko’s technologies deliver highest quality flexo printing plates for every plate brand and for all flexo applications. It is rewarding to notice that the industry recognizes that through these awards.”
The annual FlexoTech Awards celebrate the best in industry production and innovation. Categories are judged on reproduction, degree of difficulty and print quality.
About Esko (www.esko.com)
Packaging Connected. Esko helps its customers to make the best packaging for billions of consumers. Esko solutions touch 9 out of 10 retail packages worldwide.
The Esko portfolio supports and manages the go to market process at brand owners and the production process at packaging suppliers – such as designers, premedia, printers and converters.
– Esko Software Platform: project management, artwork creation, structural design, prepress, 3D visualization, workflow automation, quality assurance, palletization, supply chain collaboration and approval
– Enfocus: PDF preflight and workflow automation software
– MediaBeacon: digital asset management (DAM)
– Blue Software: label and artwork management
– CDI: computer-to-plate solutions for flexo and letterpress plates
– Kongsberg: digital cutting tables for sample-making and short run production
– Professional services, training and consultancy
Esko employs about 1,800 people worldwide. Headquartered in Gent (Belgium), its direct and indirect sales and service organization is in daily contact with customers all over the globe.
Esko is a Danaher company (www.danaher.com).