New easy-to-use interface, file management capabilities, deep learning abilities and key performance indicators are just some of the new highlights
DALIM SOFTWARE (www.dalim.com) has announced the release of DALIM ES 5.5, loaded with many new features—a significant update to a major version released just within the past year.
DALIM ES (Enterprise Solution) is a media production platform for marketing partners and media services companies—for example, studios, retailers, brand owners and their respective creative agencies—in short, anyone whose responsibilities touch upon the media production process. Companies use DALIM ES to store, manage, locate, and drive omnichannel projects, from print to Web to video. With DALIM ES 5.5, all activities—in-house or externally—are coordinated from design to final print, including regulatory compliance, localization and versioning to ensure efficiency. It extends the productivity of digital asset management, making project management, collaboration and review of files even easier and faster.
DALIM ES has performed well this year at the Great DAM Bake Offs at Henry Stewart conferences. DALIM ES has also received 10 Core Certification by former principals of the DAM Foundation Board. This certification is widely viewed as an elite status and prerequisite acknowledgement that a system satisfies the minimum ten characteristic requirements of a successful DAM system.
“Recently, DALIM ES was also identified as one of the Digital Asset Management vendors of the year 2017 by Mark Davey, founder of The Codified DAM Consultant™ (www.codifiedconsultant.com). In particular, DALIM ES was listed in the top 5 in terms of value for cloud proclivity within the Ten Core DAM Characteristics, cloud proclivity with Amazon, and for customer support within the Ten Core DAM Characteristics,” explains Frédéric Sanuy, DALIM SOFTWARE Director of Marketing and Enterprise Solutions. ”That’s not bad for a newcomer among the many, more expensive, applications. DALIM ES can deploy quickly and much less costly than comparable systems.”
DALIM ES 5.5 enables fast approval cycles and easy collaboration. With DALIM ES, users can manage their campaigns as a whole, creating all components of the entire marketing mix—for example, including cross-links between media content and collateral materials. New features include:
• Completely redesigned and more sophisticated workflow editor, rewritten with a new user-friendly interface to create, edit and organize workflows. It is now simple to drag and drop tasks into place, and to make—and undo—changes. Administrators can scale the workflow diagrams, zooming in and out easily locate specific tasks. Groups of tasks can easily be copied and placed wherever needed.
• Deep Learning: DALIM SOFTWARE has implemented an artificial intelligence framework into ES based on similarity, embedding libraries based on deep learning. When the deep learning is active, DALIM ES is automatically tagging metadata when a document is uploaded. The metadata is then used in the search field. Thus, DALIM SOFTWARE is building a machine learning model that works on any type of data, of any size, for more successful searches—for example, based on their color.
• Check-in/check-out: DALIM LATITUDE is a free application that improves the user experience of DALIM SOFTWARE products by providing better interaction between the company’s web applications and the operating system. With DALIM ES and DALIM LATITUDE, a checked-out document from DALIM ES can be stored on the user’s machine in a LATITUDE directory. Users can also easily add new files to an ES project by dropping them in the LATITUDE directory, storing the checked-out files of the project, and checking them in the project.
• Supported Amazon storage: DALIM ES allows users to access the Amazon S3 storage service, among others. This means that a wider variety of data repositories can be browsed and monitored, as an ES volume.
• Plugin components: The new Plugin Components feature in DALIM ES allows expert users to create and edit their own components. These components can be inserted in job ticket layouts, smart views and desktop, in the same way as any DALIM SOFTWARE-created component. Users can build their own interfaces in ES—for example, helpful operations such as automatically filling out a form, or picking a date from a calendar.
• Customizable brand portal, so that the portal has the look and feel of the brand. It also allows the administrator, at the request of management, to build an interface that eliminates certain irrelevant pieces on the page. This makes the user experience less daunting to the novice user, and more seamless.
• Electronic signature on approve/reject: DALIM ES can be programmed to ask for a user/password before a user can approve or reject a layout, both in the DALIM ES flatplan view and in DIALOGUE Engine. This is particularly critical for those who are creating pharmaceutical or medical device packaging and artwork content, and who need strict audit approval tracking compliance according to, for example, the 21CFR11 Electronic Signatures Code. This assures that the DALIM ES workflow is in EU and US regulatory compliance for, as an example, dosage and ingredients.
• Multi-site support: DALIM ES allows for centralized management and resources for other sites and regions around the world. With DALIM ES, while information is centralized, work can be processed locally at remote sites. This avoids network transfer of large files, and provides dedicated devices for customers.
Whether for reviewing and commenting on any digital media content, or creating a color accurate soft proof, DIALOGUE Engine—built within DALIM ES—helps to streamline approval cycles and to meet deadlines quicker. DALIM DIALOGUE delivers advanced online softproofing technology—even on mobile. It has new features for color management, barcodes, and multi-page PDF views.
• Monitor closed loop verification: Color-accurate soft proofing relies on the accuracy of the monitor, each time it is used. Even the viewing environment at any given time can influence the look of a proof on a monitor. With DIALOGUE Engine, an up-to-date monitor profile is checked each time a document is opened. If no up-to-date monitor is available, a window is opened, allowing the user to check the monitor profile. Users can select from a number of compatible colorimeters and monitors.
• A new barcode reader feature allows users to select a barcode and display its type and value. If a page contains several barcodes, they can be read all at once. The tool supports almost all 1D and 2D barcodes.
• Ability to define ink order and opacity, in order to obtain a perfect print preview. The ability to define the opacity of inks and in what order they are printed make the proof in in DIALOGUE Engine much more accurate. The order of inks laid down from a printing press onto a substrate can dramatically affect the look of the piece. The opacity of inks, particularly white on top of a dark substrate, also affects the look of a printed piece—especially packaging.
With an almost infinite range of processing possibilities, DALIM TWIST can implement cross-media workflows, delivering predictable files for different media channels. DALIM TWIST 8.5, the latest release of DALIM SOFTWARE’s award-wining production automation engine, has a number of preflight improvements, compliant with the GWG 2015 specification, particularly related to color space and color neutrality checks. A GMG ColorServer 5 link is also now available for users.
DALIM SOFTWARE is delivering significant enhancements for cross-channel distribution of its Digital Virtual Library (DVL) to facilitate integration and enhance their own electronic pubs. DVL is available on a variety of stores, including the Windows Store, Apple Store and Google Play—and multiple devices, like Windows, Mac IOS, and Android. The same app can be used for desktop and mobile devices—a software developer’s kit allows users to create their own apps on IOS, OSX and Android.
“We are extremely pleased not only with industry analysts’ acceptance of the DALIM ES DAM capabilities, but also with the speed at which we have built the system. However, what is more important is that DALIM ES combines DAM proficiency to the core of DALIM SOFTWARE expertise: automated media production. Briefly, this one application simplifies the design of a project workflow for all partners in the creative production supply chain, and manages complete marketing campaigns. It’s about bringing order to complexity,” comments Carol Werlé, DALIM SOFTWARE CEO. “DALIM ES offers a considerable number of new features that helps brands and production companies increase speed, standardize workflows, and easily streamline content communication to improve the ROI.”
About DALIM SOFTWARE
DALIM SOFTWARE GmbH, headquartered in Kehl, Germany, offers highly efficient, scalable software solutions for the creation, production and management of cross-media content, focusing on globally operating companies in the media and communication industry.
Since 1985, the world’s most prominent publishers, publication printers, agencies and brand owners can be found among the company’s customers, as well as a variety of quality- and service-oriented premedia companies and printers of all sizes. They all utilize DALIM SOFTWARE innovative technologies to the fullest extent.
DALIM SOFTWARE produces the exceptionally productive, modular software engines TWIST, DIALOGUE Engine and ES, which offer specialized collaborative solutions for media content. Its fully customizable interfaces allow users to integrate into customer facing applications and seamlessly connect to business processes.